Love this recipe! So simple and yummy. I often make this dish for lunch or my fridge is almost empty. Only you need is spaghetti, garlic and mushrooms.
What you need;
- Two brown or regular button mushrooms sliced
- about 60g of Enoki mushrooms end cut, cleaned and cut to 1.5cm
- 100g of dried spaghetti
- 1 clove of garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soy sauce
- Shichimi Togarashi, Japanese seven spice (optional)
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- While cooking spaghetti, place sliced brown mushrooms in a frying pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes with low heat. If the mushrooms stick to the pan, add a little bit of olive oil.
- When the mushroom’s juices start to flow, turn the heat up to medium and add enoki mushrooms, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat and transfer the mushroom to a plate.
- In the same pan add a teaspoon of olive oil and sliced garlic and sauté until the garlic softens and turns golden, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti in a colander set in the sink, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Add the spaghetti to the garlic mixture, put back the mushroom mixture to the pan and mix well.
- Add a little bit of the spaghetti cooking water and a dash of soy sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a large plate. Enjoy with a little sprinkle of Shichimi Togarashi if you like a kick!