This is one of my favorite simple lunch especially when I have limited ingredients on hands. Add cooked chicken cubes for more protein!
What you need; 1 serving
- 1 ¼ cup cooked rice (leftover rice works the best)
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ½ tbs fresh ginger minced
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- Low sodium Soy sauce
- Whisk egg and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. In a frying pan over medium heat, add ½ tablespoon of olive oil and pour the egg mixture and make scramble egg. Set aside. (The egg doesn’t need to be cooked through completely at this point as we will mix it with the rice in the pan later.)
- In the same pan, add one table spoon of olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the garlic and ginger and stir for a minutes.
- Add the rice and try to break up any clumps of the rice using a spatula and fry about 3-4 minutes till the rice is hot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the scrambled egg back to the pan and mix well with the rice.
- Add the peas and add a dash of soy sauce. Mix well till the peas are warm and serve immediately.