As the school year end is coming soon, I baked some yummy green tea cookies for my kids teachers gift.
What you need:
- 1 lb butter (leave it on room temperature for over night.
- 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Green tea power
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat the even to 325F.
- Cream butter with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add icing sugar and mix another 2 minutes.
- Combine green tea powder and flour in a small bowl and mix well till well combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Tune the mixture from 5 onto a clear wrap and wrap it tight and leave it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Take our the dough from the fridge and roll dough to 1/3 in. on a lightly icinged counter. (I like to use icing sugar to put on the counter from sticking.) and cut dough with your favorite cookie cutter.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, transfer shapes to cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- These will keep up to 2-3 weeks in an airtight container.
I love tofu. I used Tofu for miso soup, dressing, stir frying with vegetable and all kinds of other dishes. They are very healthy and I try to eat tofu instead of meat a couple of times a week. This is one of my family’s favorite way to cook tofu. You can serve this with a bowl of rice and salad, but today I used this baked tofu for topping for Pizza. Yummy!
What you need: 4-6 servings
- 1 1/2 packages of extra firm organic tofu
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, ketchup and grated ginger and mix well. Cut tofu into small cubes.
- Add the tofu into soy sauce mixture and coat well and marinade for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add marinated tofu into a cooking sheet with marinade sauce.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. After 10 minutes is passed, flip over the tofu and put them back into the oven.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
We have various Japanese sweet using azuki beans and during hot summer months I miss sweet azuki beans Popsicle. It’s kind of hard to get them here, so I decided to try making them by myself and here it is! they taste so good and same as store bought or even better.
What you need:
- 250 g of sweet azuki beans paste
- 250ml 2% or homo milk
- 4 tablespoons of condensed milk
- In a small bowl, mix together azuki, milk and condensed milk.
- Pour it to your favorite Popsicle molds and put them into a freezer.
- Wait for 3-4 hours and enjoy!