The color of white turnips and pink ginger are so pretty to look at and the salad tastes fresh and delicious!
Turnip & ginger Sunomono Salad 4-6 serving
- 3-4 fresh white turnips (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3tbsp of chopped sushi ginger
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Cut the turnips into half length wise or quarter and slice thinly (about 2mm).
- Put the turnips slices into a bowl, add salt and coat evenly. Let stand about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the vinegar and sugar together in a bowl. Mix well. Squeeze and discard excess liquid from the mixture of turnips before adding it to the vinegar mixture.
- Add the sushi ginger to turnip and serve immediately.