Spinach is a super food packed with tons of nutrients in a low calorie package. And this dish, Spinach Ohitashi is simple and really refreshing.
What you need; 4 servings
- 1 bunch of washed spinach
- 3 tablespoons of Dashi stock (please see my August 29th post for dashi stock recipe)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Roasted sesame seeds
- In a large pot, bring enough water to a boil to cover the spinach.
- Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water and add the spinach. Boil for only 1-2 minutes until still crunchy. Remove the spinach, chill them into very cold water, drain, gently squeeze water out from the spinach and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix dashi, soy sauce and set aside.
- Cut the spinach about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Arrange the spinach to 4 small plates and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Pour a tablespoon of dashi and soy sauce mixture and serve!