This dish is actually called “Zuke Don” in Japanese. Zuke means marinade and Don is a short name of Donburi. This is one of my hubby’s favorite dish!
What you need; 4 servings
- 300g of Sashimi Grade tuna
- 2 ripe avocados
- Cooked/Steamed sushi grade rice
- 3 tablespoons of Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of Mirin
- Finely chopped green onion
- Roasted sesame seeds
- Nori seaweeds
- Sesame oil
- Add soy sauce and mirin in a small sauce pan and bring it to boil and boil for two minutes. Transfer it to a small bowl and let it cool.
- Cut sashimi into bite size pieces. Once the soy sauce and mirin mixture cooled, add sashimi to the remix and marinade for 15 minutes.
- Cut avocados into bite size pieces.
- To serve, arrange the cooked rice on serving plates, and arrange nori, sashimi and avocado on top and sprinkle toppings and drizzle a bit of sesame oil if you like. Enjoy!