This was my first time to make Ebi Chill! And I find how easy and simple to make and absolutely delicious when you buy already peeled and deveined shrimp.
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 450g (1lb) large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 tsp tobanjan paste (Chinese Chill paste)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sake
- 2 tsp fresh ginger juice
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp. corn Starch
vegetable oil for frying
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, add the shrimp, salt, sake and ginger juice and mix and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix water, soy sauce, ketchup, sugar and corn starch in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon cooking oil in a frying pan on medium heat, add garlic and onion. Stir fry for a few minutes. Add the tobanjan and stir frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp in the pan and cook just until the shrimp turn pink for about 3 minutes.
- Add Sauce mixture in the pan and cook until the sauce thickened. Add a splash of sesame oil and gently mix.
- Serve immediately with cooked rice and salad or side dishes.