A simple and nice spring, summer dish. I like to have dried udon on hand, so I can whip up quick lunch or dinner with few ingredients like this dish with no time!
What you need;
- 450g (1 lb) dried udon noodles
- 1 red, yellow or orange pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 head of green-leaf or romaine lettuce washed and torn to bite size pieces.
- 4 hardboiled eggs cut into halves
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp ground sesame seeds
- Using peeler, shred carrots into thin slices about 2 -3inches long. Julienne the pepper and set aside.
- Cook udon noodle according to instructions on package. Take care not to overcook.
- Meanwhile mix all the ingredients for dressing in a bowl. Mix well.
- Plate the lettuce pieces on a large serving plate and top with the cooked udon noodles. Scatter carrots and peppers over of the noodles, and arrange the boiled eggs on top.
- Serve with dressing on the side so each person can pour the dressing over their serving.
Tips: You can use cucumber, asparagus, celery or any other vegetables you like.
Try soba noodles in place of udon noodles.