An easy dish for weekday suppers or entertaining. Stir-fry is great for entertaining! You can prep ahead and finish the dish off in no time. Serve with a bowl of rice and a couple of your favorite side dishes.
Wha you need;
- 20 pcs shelled and deveined prawns about 250g
- 450 g (1 lb.) Asparagus
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoon juice from ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sake
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil for frying (divided)
Marinade for Prawns
- 3/4 tablespoon corn starch
- 3/4 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for marinade in a small bowl and add prawns. Marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Wash asparagus and pat dry. Snap off the thick ends of asparagus and cut the stalks into about 5cm (2 inch) lengths.
- Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a large pan on medium heat and add the asparagus when temperature has risen. Add salt, juice from ginger, and sake and stir fry for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Clean the hot pan with paper towel (use chopsticks) and add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add prawns and stir fry quickly for 2-3 minutes, return the asparagus to the pan, and stir fry together another 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tips! Use broccoli, snow peas or bok choy instead of asparagus.