This hearty miso soup is perfect for a rainy day like today in Vancouver.
What you need;
- 4-5 cups dashi stock*
- 1 carrot
- ½ small onion
- ½ package of Tofu (medium or soft) about 250 g
- 2-3 tbsp. miso paste
- chopped green onion
- Cut carrot into 3mm rounds and slice onion into thin pieces about 2mm thick. Cut tofu 1.25cm cubes.
- Place the dashi stock in a small pot and bring to a boil. Add carrots and onion and cook until tender about 10 minutes.
- Add Tofu and 2 tbsp of miso paste and serve.
In place of carrot and onion, Daikon radish, cabbage, potato, shiitake mushroom, enoki mushroom and other veggies you like can be used.
* For dashi stock, there is an easy power dashi or you can make from scratch using Konbu (seaweed) and Katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes). Stay tuned for home made dashi stock recipe this week!