As the school year end is coming soon, I baked some yummy green tea cookies for my kids teachers gift.
What you need:
- 1 lb butter (leave it on room temperature for over night.
- 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Green tea power
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat the even to 325F.
- Cream butter with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add icing sugar and mix another 2 minutes.
- Combine green tea powder and flour in a small bowl and mix well till well combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Tune the mixture from 5 onto a clear wrap and wrap it tight and leave it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Take our the dough from the fridge and roll dough to 1/3 in. on a lightly icinged counter. (I like to use icing sugar to put on the counter from sticking.) and cut dough with your favorite cookie cutter.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, transfer shapes to cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- These will keep up to 2-3 weeks in an airtight container.