I am always looking for a recipe which I can add more vegetables to make healthier meals. Fortunately my kids love vegetables, so I am a lucky mom who never had problems feeding vegetables to them. Japanese hamburger steaks is one of their favorite dishes and I added some eggplant this time in meat patties.
What you needs;
- 600 g organic ground lean beef
- 1 small onion about 100g
- 1 Japanese eggplant about 150g
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cooking or olive oil (divided)
- Grated daikon radish
- Grated ginger
- Japanese mustard
- Soy sauce
- Peel onion and chop finely and dice eggplant. In a medium frying pan, heat a tablespoon of cooking oil and sauté onion and eggplant till soft and onion is translucent about 10-15 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- In a large bowl, add beef, sautéed onion and eggplant, egg, grated ginger, salt and ground pepper and combine well.
- Wash hands. Put a little cooking oil on your hands and make 4-6 large oval shaped patties or 8-12 small ones.
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a large frying pan and fry patties until they are nicely browned and cooked through.
- Serve with grated daikon radish and grated ginger with soy sauce or Japanese mustard and soy sauce.